Monday 7 February 2011

I Wonder.




Marian Banjes’ new book, I Wonder, is out now, packed full of decorative typographical delights.
The illustrator/typographer/maker/designer spent an entire year in hiding (somewhere in the mountains of Western Canada) to illustrate, write & design this little book of wonders.

Interestingly influenced by nature, Islamic art & Christmas ephemera, you can expect anything from pasta to pac-man. The work is mirrored by Bantjes’ words, her contemplations & observations of the world, sometimes bitter sweet, sometimes philosophical.

When frequently asked what her influences are, she replies, “Everything! Conversations, things I read, things I see around me, books, magazines, old stuff, new stuff, art, design, craft, film, music and garbage. I can be inspired at any moment by the strangest things. I am seldom bored.

I have more ideas than I will ever be able to produce in my lifetime—some of them are even good ideas.”
This book is most definitely about ideas, ecclectic, full of gold, silver & black, it is not only for those of the typographic pattern persuasion,
but those who seek energy & surprise on the printed page.

www.bantjes.com/

The piece was published on FAD Website

No comments:

Post a Comment